Artwork enquiry form
Freight and Handling Costs
Please note that our artwork and fabric prices do not include shipping. Shipping costs are to be charged separately after your order is placed.
Freight is calculated based on the item purchased, and the buyers postal address. Our prices are inclusive of freight costs and also handling. As a remote art centre staff have to drive 230 km’s to the closest post office / courier office and also take great care in packing items properly to ensure a safe delivery. If purchasing more than one item, we may be able to ship them together for a reduced fee, though this is not always possible. All paintings are shipped unstretched, with the exception of some 30x30cm (or smaller) paintings. Pre-stretched paintings are shipped in a separate package, pre-stretching must be pre-organised and paid for.
We do have a standard pricing for shipping, please note this may vary slightly based on the customers address and the combination of items purchased. This is only a general guide to give customers an idea.
Paintings and prints are shipped domestically (within Australia) at a flat rare of $60, International is $100.
Fabrics are shipped domestically (within Australia) at a flat rare of $15, International is $30.
Please note that these prices increase incrementally when large quantities of products are purchased over four.
Insurance and Delivery
Please note that due to Covid-19, freight times may take longer than usual and we endeavour to send everything between 2-14 days.
Please clearly nominate a delivery address.
Paintings and prints are posted using Startrack or Australia Post and other items are posted with Australia Post unless other delivery arrangements are made with the art centre. You will receive an email with your tracking number and order details once it has been posted.
Haasts Bluff has an outgoing mail service once a week, however, this has become increasingly unreliable over the last few years. Every effort is made to dispatch artworks as quickly as possible, but specific delivery times cannot be guaranteed. Please keep in mind that you are purchasing something from a remote community. Minimum delivery time is one week after the item has been posted.
The nearest courier service is 230kms away in Alice Springs and entails additional costs. If you require the article in a hurry please notify us and we will do our best to try to process the parcel quickly.
Ikuntji Artists does not offer refunds or returns for change of mind. Once an order is placed, it cannot be modified or cancelled. Please take this into consideration when purchasing items. Please also note that for handmade items such as fabrics and t-shirts, slight variations should be expected. Much care and time is taken when arranging photographs of artworks for the website and we do our best to assure that they are true to colour and form. Ikuntji Artists are not responsible for misrepresentations of images on personal devices.
Please be aware when purchasing clothing, we do not offer a refund for change of mind. As we and our manufacturing partners, Publisher Textiles are still ironing out the kinks in production there may be some inconsistencies in details given and the finished product (sizing guides and base fabrics are the main culprits). During this period we are happy to offer a refund or exchange for items that do not match the description given. Once things are running smoothly we will no longer offer refunds and will only be able to offer an exchange or store credit for clothing purchases.
Please also be aware we are not able to offer refunds or reimbursements for postage costs.
- Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair takes no responsibility for the negotiation, coordination or distribution of freight and shipping of purchases made at the 2021 online Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair. Items customers wish to purchase may require a manual quote for freight which will be charged separately.
- Shipping and freight costs are not included in the advertised purchase price unless this is stipulated at the point of purchase of the item by the Art Centre/Vendor.
- All freight and shipping must be arranged directly with the Art Centre/Vendor from where the purchase was made.
- If multiple items are purchased from different Art Centres/Vendors in the same transaction, customers must arrange shipping with each Art Centre/Vendor.
- Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair takes no responsibility for the distribution and arrival times of freight. As the Art Centres/Vendors participating in the 2021 online Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair are located in some of the most remote locations in Australia, freight services can be inconsistent. Compounding this, the ongoing global challenges presented by the COVID-19 virus, means that processing and shipping times may be longer than usual.
- Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair takes no responsibility for any damaged or lost items.